When disputes arise, whether in your personal life or in the course of business, taking legal action is sometimes a daunting but necessary step on the road to achieving a resolution.
At Huggins Lewis Foskett, our highly skilled litigation solicitors have expertise across all areas of civil law. From breaches of contract, to personal injury claims, to boundary disputes, our expertise covers any and all types of legal dispute.
We can advise and assist you through the litigation process from the early assessment of your case and considering your prospects of success, the implementation of any pre action protocols, to negotiations, to drafting claims and all other court documents and to guiding you through the Court process and timetables. We can ensure that your case is fully prepared for trial if a settlement is not achieved before then.
So if you are thinking about bringing a civil claim or if a claim has been brought against you or your company, please contact our litigation lawyers in London by calling 0208 989 3000, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by filling in our enquiry form.
How our litigation solicitors in London can help you
When you need to involve the law in your dispute, it is essential that you instruct a solicitor with an expert level of knowledge and experience of the civil litigation process to ensure your claim is conducted professionally and competently, giving you the best chance of obtaining the outcome you want.
Our litigation lawyers have an enviable reputation for our ability to thoughtfully tailor our approach to each client’s individual circumstances and will fiercely argue your corner throughout any proceedings.
We cover all types of civil law disputes, including:
- Debt Recovery
- Personal Injury
- Medical Negligence
- Property Disputes, including:
- Land Ownership and Boundary Disputes
- Adverse Possession Claims
- Landlord and Tenant Claims such as for Possession of Property and Recovery of Rent Arrears
- Breach of Contract matters
- Partnership Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Contentious Probate Claims
- High Court and County Court Claims
Our litigation team has the requisite knowledge and experience of the Civil Procedure Rules to guide you through the complex and confusing processes of litigation.
Our complete service includes:
- Tailored advice and strategy designed to meet your personal goals or business objectives.
- Advising pragmatically in respect of the strengths of your claim or defence.
- Impeccable pre-action conduct in line with the relevant Pre-Action Protocol, including serving letters of claim, engaging in settlement discussions, advising in respect of Alternative Dispute Resolution methods, and completing documentation to prove Pre-Action compliance to the court.
- Preparing and submitting your claim to the relevant court, including preparing witness statements, collating evidence, and arranging service of the claim on the Defendant if necessary.
- Filing intention to defend and preparing your defence if a claim is made against you.
- Disclosure and inspection of documents.
- Providing representation during any hearings.
- Appealing any unwelcome decisions.
- Enforcing any judgments if necessary.
If you are owed money, we can walk you through your options for debt recovery and handle any claims on your behalf, including:
- Letters before Action demanding repayment of the debt
- Country court money claims
- Charging Orders to secure the debt over the debtor’s assets
- Statutory Demands
- Bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings
- Enforcing money judgments through the county courts or the High Court
If someone is claiming you owe them money, we can provide advice in relation to:
- Settlement discussion, including lump sum settlements and ongoing monthly instalments
- Assessing your income and expenditure
- Defending money claims
- Applications to set aside Statutory Demands
- Defending bankruptcy proceedings
- Debt solutions advice
Personal injury and medical negligence
If you have been injured due to the fault of someone else, or someone is claiming compensation from you, we can provide clear advice on bringing or defending a compensation claim. Our expertise includes:
- Serious injury, such as brain or spinal injury
- Road traffic accidents
- Asbestos-related diseases, such as mesothelioma
- Medical negligence, such as delayed or misdiagnosis, failure to refer, or negligent surgery
- Accidents or illnesses overseas
- Industrial diseases and injuries, including hearing loss
- Accidents in public spaces
- Trips, slips, and falls
Our extensive property litigation experience includes:
- Obtaining possession orders against tenants, former tenants, travellers, and squatters
- Planning disputes and appeals
- Boundary disputes
- Rights of way disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Obtaining permission to proceed with development
- Landlord and tenant disputes, such as rent arrears, deposit disputes, and disputes about repairs
- Conveyancing issues, including easement disputes and challenging or amending property title
Breach of contract
Breach of contract is a broad area of civil litigation which includes all matters involving contracts, including:
- Challenging the validity of a contract or proving a contract exists, in order to deny or claim breach
- Proving loss as a result of the breach
- Proving the loss was not too remote (in other words, was it reasonably foreseeable?)
- Claiming monetary damages
- Seeking injunctions to prevent breach of contract
- Suing for specific performance to compel the defendant to comply with the contract
Where you have been let down by a professional, such as a surveyor, accountant, or financial advisor, we can advise you on the merits of a professional negligence claim to recover loss caused as a result of their negligent advice.
We understand how difficult coping with the death of a loved one is. During such a challenging time, it’s easy for tensions to run high, and disputes to arise, particularly where inheritance is concerned. We provide compassionate, practical advice on all contentious probate matters, including:
- Challenging the validity or interpretation of a Will
- Challenging someone’ Grant of Representation application
- Removing or replacing an Executor
- Disputing the way an estate is being administered
- Making or challenging a claim for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
Why should you choose Huggins Lewis Foskett’s litigation lawyers in London?
At Huggins Lewis Foskett, we will do everything possible to progress your litigation case towards a positive outcome. Our team of highly skilled solicitors will explore every avenue to find the perfect solution to your dispute.
We take pride in our ability to listen carefully to each client’s concerns and considerations, and adjust our litigation approach to suit their needs, strengths, and goals. We form close bonds with our clients, many of whom work and grow closely with us over many years.
As experts in negotiation, wherever possible we will advise you on whether it’s possible to settle out of court, including whether it’s viable to use a method of Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation to help progress your discussions with the other party.
Even if settling your dispute out of court is highly unlikely due to the other party’s lack of cooperation, our strategic approach to Pre-Action negotiation means you can start your claim in a favourable position, as the courts expect all parties to try and engage with each other prior to starting legal proceedings.
Our litigation lawyers in London
- Teresa Tapster
Contact our litigation solicitors in London today
If you are thinking about bringing a civil claim or if a claim has been brought against you or your company, please contact our litigation lawyers in London by calling 0208 989 3000, emailing email@example.com, or by filling in our enquiry form.