Businesses face a wide range of legal challenges – some routine and others more complex – which can have a real impact on your turnover, profits and long-term viability.
Getting the right legal advice at the right time not only protects your enterprise against potential legal action, it can also add real world value to your business.
At Huggins Lewis Foskett, our business law solicitors act for companies and owners of businesses, (sole traders, partnerships or limited liability partnership) in all areas of commercial law. Our clients include everyone from new start-ups to well-established businesses with a national presence.
We have successfully acted on behalf of companies and businesses in matters including:
- Buying and selling businesses
- Acquisitions and disposals of shares
- Preparing and advising on shareholder’s agreements (and dealing with shareholders disputes)
- Advising on partnerships and handling partnership disputes
- Providing company secretarial services
- Restoration of Companies to the Register of Companies
- Licency Applications for both personal and for businesses
Whatever the needs of your business, our team can provide proactive, pragmatic and commercially astute legal advice quickly and cost-effectively.
Why choose Huggins Lewis Foskett for commercial law?
Clients instruct us because of our experience, level of service and our flexibility. We provide a friendly service at competitive rates that is tailored to the unique needs of your enterprise.
As seasoned commercial law experts, we understand the need to make sure our legal advice matches your business goals and priorities. Taking a commercial approach, we can add real value to your business by helping you to make the most of your opportunities, avoid potential risks and deal with any legal problems quickly and effectively.
We are members of the Law Society’s Lawyers for your Business scheme. As part of our membership, we offer new business clients:
- A free 30-minute initial consultation – either face-to-face, by email or by phone
- An outline of your legal options
- An explanation of the next steps you can take
- An estimate of the likely costs and timescales involved
- A response to enquiries within 2 working days
Our business law expertise
Buying and selling businesses
If you are buying or selling a business, our company law solicitors can assist with every stage of the process, including:
- Business valuations
- Preparing & reviewing contracts of sale
- Due diligence
- Financing agreements
Acquisition and disposal of shares
Our commercial law solicitors can guide you through the sale and purchase of company shares, including:
- Share sale & purchase agreements
- Consideration & adjustments
- Warranties & indemnities
- Restrictive covenants
- Tax considerations
We can guide you through a successful merger, protecting your business and ensuring you are well-placed for long-term success. Our expertise includes:
- Drafting and reviewing merger agreements
- Transfer of assets
- Transfer of employees (TUPE)
- Dealing with existing clients & suppliers
- Intellectual property
- Tax considerations
Our corporate solicitors in London can assist with every aspect of shareholder agreements, including:
- Drafting & reviewing shareholder agreements
- Advising shareholders on their duties and rights under a shareholder agreement
- Resolving shareholder disputes
We regularly advise business partners on matters including:
- Drafting and reviewing partnership agreements
- Questions over the application of the terms of an agreement
- Resolving partnership disputes
Company secretarial services
We offer a full company secretarial service, including:
- Drafting minutes and resolutions
- Drafting & amending articles of association
- Appointment & removal of company officers
- Preparing documentation for share issues & transfers
- Company name changes
- Corporate compliance
Restoration to the Register of Companies
We have extensive experience with helping businesses to restore a company name to the Register of Companies, including:
- Preparing the relevant claim form
- Preparing witness statements
- Submitting claims to the appropriate court
- Notifying the Registrar of Companies & the Treasury Solicitor of your claim
- Submitting the required documents to the Registrar & Treasury Solicitor
- Handling payment of the associated costs
- Corresponding with the appropriate court & preparing all required supporting documents
- Representing your business during court hearings
- Ensuring a copy of any court order secured is sent to the Registrar promptly, allowing your company to be restored to the Register of Companies
Our London commercial law fees
We aim to keep our commercial law pricing competitive and transparent, so we will be happy to provide a quote upfront, with all legal costs clearly set out.
Our London commercial law team
Speak to our commercial lawyers in South Woodford, London today
Need clear, commercially astute legal advice for your business in London or across the UK?