HLF are looking for a Legal Secretary to join their conveyancing team. This a full-time position and Salary will depend on experience.
The Legal Secretary’s principle role is to provide the fee earner to whom they report to, with the support they need to perform the task of providing legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee earning tasks.
The role will be client facing, so it essential that you are a confident communicator with the ability to deal with clients (sensitively and with discretion) and other staff proactively and professionally.
The main duties will include, but are not limited to: -
- Audio typing, sending out letters, emails, faxes etc.;
- Preparing and drafting documents (from audio dictation);
- Photocopying, printing, scanning & organising couriers;
- Opening & closing files;
- Taking internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner;
- Monitoring post and/or emails and dealing with as appropriate;
- Dealing with basic queries and general administration;
- Preparing bills and assisting with the billing process by liaising with the fee earner and accounts department as required;
- Requesting cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate;
- Providing reception cover from time to time.
- Preparing and amending documents such as lease extensions, deeds, completion statements and Land Registry forms, using the Land Registry portal
How to Apply
To apply please send your cv and covering letter to Michelle Yetman at firstname.lastname@example.org